YOUR BABY'S FIRST YEARS ARE A CRITICAL TIME OF DISCOVERY AND GROWTH.
* Grows quickly
* Baby will reach for objects; develops strength to hold up head; next, will roll over and eventually sit up.
* Starts moving arms and legs and will begin to crawl
* Begins to pull up to stand and then take a step or two.
* Babies begin sucking even before they are born. Eventually, will learn to bite and chew.
* Eyesight develops and likes to watch bright things and movement.
* Recognises distinct sounds, voices and music
* Uses body to wiggle to music.
* Likes to push things with hands and feet; also likes to use hands to shake and hit things.
* Tries to mimic and will clap and wave.
* Drops or throws food or toys - learns about cause and effect.
* Needs the security of being held closely and rocked.
* Routines provide security.
* Begins to learn 'wait'.
* Cries to express feelings and needs: hunger, sleepy, cranky, scared, uncomfortable
* Needs love and attention from family members and caregivers.
* Smiles often and likes to make others smile.
* Loud or sudden noises will frighten.
* The world revolves around them
* Family, especially mother, is important
* Recognises and is fascinated by faces
* Responds to familiar people
* Strangers can cause some anxiety, especially around eight to nine months
* Handles separation from parents for longer periods
* Fascinated by other babies and children
* Learns about and experiences God's love and grace through people, their words and actions
* God's love is modelled through loving family.
* Learns that 'I am loved, God made me, Jesus loves me' through listening as they are regularly reminded and read to about God.
* Listens while being held and prayed for by loving family and caregivers.
* Communicate by crying, using different pitches and tones, pointing, learning sign language*
* Learns through repetition
* Recognises familiar music and songs, books, toys
* Responds to own name
* Beginning to associate objects with words
* Uses all senses to learn
* Beginning to understand 'yes' and 'no'.
TimberDoodle lists full range of developmental toys and resources for babies & infants.
This music-focused, baby-centered resource with visual, tactile & auditory experiences, helps infants discover & learn about God—and their great big world.
Active Baby, Healthy Brain is a practical handbook for parents concerned for their child's physical and intellectual development.
BABYFAITH is the most stimulating, inspiring and nurturing faith-based program available for babies 0-24 months
These simple 12-page board books introduce the very young to the character of God and the qualities of Jesus
Fun animal characters help children learn well-known Bible stories in these colorful books.
This board book, with soft hand puppet attached to the palm, is the perfect way to read and play with baby.
Touch and Feel Bible story books.
Candle Peek-a-Boo series.. with four tabs at the base of the book.