Considering the frequency that kidmin leaders are required to present these segments, I'm amazed that there really is a dearth of materials to help out. Sure, there are VBS resources, Sunday morning programs that can be adapted, puppet scripts that can be utilised, movie clips that can be included, but very little material for this specific need.
With this in mind, I'd like to take a moment to remind you of the Lost Sheep resources. I know that I've reviewed these previously here but, with a number of kidmin leaders recently mentioning this need, I thought it might bear highlighting once again.
Lost Sheep is an Australian product grown out of the need for just this type of kidmin presentation. The stories are presented with style and humour.
When Jesus wanted to change lives he told stories. That's what we do at Lost Sheep- and at the centre of our stories is Jesus.'
- First, there are books: great for home-use, for parents to read with their kids.
- Big books: oversized books that work well in small group, class environments.
- E-books: individual use or at home
Download the Cecil the Lost Sheep kit FREE to try.
4. Story-telling Kits: now these are great for big audience presentations. They're in a powerpoint style format and they come with presentation suggestions.
5. Activity books: There's one for each story. There are ground breaking 'print and make' activities like the Dave-O-matic and Skaterator plus colouring pages, crosswords, mazes, word searches and plenty more.
6. Sheepdog school: Training. History & geography, exclusive interviews, master classes and teaching tips, it all here. Cecil's completed Sheepdog school Lessons for eight stories and is busily working on the others.
7. iPad apps: story with games
Check out Lost Sheep here.