The cookies can be prepared beforehand and iced. You may even have a creative church family mum who loves to cook and would love to help you make these little edibles.
The basic recipe is listed below, but you may have your own recipe that you prefer to use. After the cookies have been baked and cooled, cover with fondant icing and attach a bow to the stem.
Print off the small 'thank you' notes onto light card.(see file below) Cut out and attach the cookie stem with a small piece of tape. Slip the completed cookie and note into a cellophane bag and hand out to your volunteers.
Basic Cookie Recipe
*1 cup butter
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 teasp vanilla essence
* 3 cups flour
* 1 teasp baking powder
* pinch salt
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
2. Add egg and vanilla
3. Mix in dry ingredients gently, one cup at a time. Mix thoroughly until the consistency of the cookie dough is no longer sticky and can be handled.
4. Roll out half of the cookie dough between two sheets of baking paper until 5-6 mm thick. Use a flower shaped cookie cutter (or egg shape) to cut out cookies. Gently, insert a candy pop stick into each. ( If you have trouble with this, they can be attached later to the back of the cookie with icing.)
5. Place the cookies on a tray lined with baking paper.
6. Bake in oven 180 degrees for 8-10 minutes or just until the edges begin to lightly brown.
7. Ice with fondant when cool.
(This recipe should make around 24-30 cookies, depending on the size of your cookie cutter.)