But... how do you ensure the extra family resources and content make it home with the kids? And how do you encourage parents to reinforce and extend the lesson content once the children reach home?
We've been using Lifeway's Agency D3 VBS materials, not for a holiday program, but as our regular Sunday morning Kidz Church program. It's been a really good program with loads of content and resources. The kids examine eyewitness reports, physical proof, and biblical accounts to uncover and defend the truth about who Jesus really is.. (If I have time later, I'll try and write up a more thorough review.)
Agency D3 home app
But, it wasn't until we were well into the program that I discovered, quite by accident, that there is an accompanying Agency D3 app for families to enjoy at home. What better way to excite kids and encourage them to connect with Agency D3 at home!
- Communication Hub. Families can listen to and enjoy all the songs of the Agency D3 program.
- Headquarters. Families can choose this area to find the choreography videos to sing along together and learn all the actions and moves.
- Map Room: Here you'll find all the Bible stories, each lesson presented in both preschool and kids version. It's here that you can also find a gospel presentation. A simple guide outlines the salvation message with Scripture passages to find and read.
- Evidence Lab: Agency D3 provides audio devotions for families to listen to as kids travel home from their Agency D3 program. You can find these audio devotions in the Evidence Lab of the app, too.
- Training Grounds: This area is a lot of fun with the choice of a number of games- secret messages, puzzles, colouring, hidden messages and matching.
- The Lab: This area is really helpful for parents and lists 10 fun activities to complete this summer.