Yet there she stood, panting a little but with a happy smile on her face.
"I ran all the way. I didn't want to be late and miss anything!"
Ever been there? Or maybe a child has been left waiting for a parent to come and collect them after the service. Or perhaps, there's been an emergency and you've unexpectedly had to entertain a child for a while.
On Sundays, I usually have an activity table set up for these types of scenarios. But it's always helpful to have other solutions up your sleeve. Here's one idea.
What is it and how much does it cost?
The Bible Jigz jigsaw puzzle app from Dennis Jones is just such a resource. First up, the graphics are great! Since it's from Dennis Jones, the Bible story illustrations are wonderful.
The cost? You can download this absorbing app for only $1.99.
The jigsaw app includes 40 Bible story illustrations divided into 4 levels of difficulty and it's easy for the user to navigate to other levels to test their ability. You'll also find a Bible verse Scripture reference making it easy to locate the actual story in your Bible, read it and discuss with the child. Check out the following features listed oniTunes.
• 4 different levels of play - 4, 6, 8, or 12 pieces
• 10 puzzles in each level; 40 jigsaw puzzles in all
• Individual puzzle pieces “lock-in” place and fit together easily
• Fantastic and humorous original illustrations by Dennis Jones
• Kid-friendly interface with big navigation buttons
• Each puzzle has Bible references to the “full story” depicted in picture
• Pleasant musical synth-ditty that toggles on and off
• No rules, no stress, no sweat - it’s just puzzles
• No missing pieces — GUARANTEED!
While I'm highlighting his work, you might also be interested in a special project created as an introduction for a sermon series on Jonah. You can find the YouTube clip below. It would work well with other kids or teens if you needed a quick introduction to the story of Jonah.